Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour
×



Details

Submitted on
January 2, 2009
Image Size
120 KB
Resolution
800×610
Link
Thumb
Embed

Stats

Views
777
Favourites
19 (who?)
Comments
46
Downloads
12

Camera Data

Make
Canon
Model
Canon PowerShot A550
Shutter Speed
1/60 second
Aperture
F/2.6
Focal Length
6 mm
ISO Speed
500
Date Taken
Jan 2, 2009, 8:15:46 PM
×
Celtic Cross by Aranglinn Celtic Cross by Aranglinn
Another comissioned piece

this was a real headache to made (or maybe the headache was produced by all the sulfuric vapours I inhaled working on this)

well, It was a lot more difficult than I tought at first

it's all made in 950 silver

some wire and lots and lots of pieces soldered toguether (I almost did'n use the saw for this.... O.o)

and that
Add a Comment:
 
:icondragonkira:
DragonKira Featured By Owner Apr 8, 2012
This is so well done! Wow!
Reply
:iconaranglinn:
Aranglinn Featured By Owner Jun 7, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
I'm glad you think so... that was a real pain in the ass xD
Reply
:icondragonkira:
DragonKira Featured By Owner Jun 7, 2012
I can imagine, all those knots...but the pain in the ass turned out into something awesome! :D
Reply
:iconaranglinn:
Aranglinn Featured By Owner Jun 8, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
hahya, yay! ^^
Reply
:iconnonparticipant:
nonparticipant Featured By Owner Mar 7, 2009
neat, :)
Reply
:iconaranglinn:
Aranglinn Featured By Owner Mar 7, 2009  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
jojo, thanks :P
Reply
:iconklarenden:
Klarenden Featured By Owner Mar 7, 2009
Ah the vapor of liver of sulfur. The trouble with jewelry making, just about anything is toxic to the touch and definitely inhaling it is not a good thing. I really like this cross, it's really pretty. I love the wire design in the middle of it. Excellent job :)
Reply
:iconaranglinn:
Aranglinn Featured By Owner Mar 7, 2009  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
not only liver of sulfur but also sulfuric acid xD

yeah, everything is so toxic (and everything ends so hot... I've burned myself countless times xDD

many thanks :P
Reply
:iconklarenden:
Klarenden Featured By Owner Mar 7, 2009
lol, well any kind of acid is just bad. The students in the class constantly make me tell them why it's not safe to inhale the acid bath. Describing poison fumes should be good enough.

I've lost track of burns. I don't think about it anymore. The only thing that I seem to notice are really bad bad bad handsaw cuts!! I've got three file cuts on my right index finger right now and one heavy handsaw blade cut on my right index finger...bleh. If you pick this up as commission work, your hands will be like this always lol.

And you are very welcome :)
Reply
:iconaranglinn:
Aranglinn Featured By Owner Mar 10, 2009  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
jajaj xDD yeah, I cut my fingers with the saws always xD. the funny think is that I have always noticed when it's going to happen, it's like "mmm, I'm going to cut myself... and I can't do anything to stop it"
Reply
Add a Comment: